Local Sports Briefs: June 19
- The Wallaceburg Red Devils will wrap up their Jr B Lacrosse Season on Sunday when they travel to Pt. Edward to play the Pacers. The Red Devils sit second in the Far West Division with an 8-10-1 record.
- The Sr. B Wallaceburg Thrashers are on the road Saturday against Six Nations.
- In Minor Lacrosse action the Pee Wee Griffins played to a 7-7 tie with London while the Intermediate Griffins beat London 4-1.
- The Novice Tyke and Pee Wee Griffins are in Sarnia this weekend for a tournament.
- Chatham’s Rich Corrente allowed only three hits and struck out two over 5 and two thirds innings as his Burlington Bandits beat Guelph 8-3.
- The Chatham Diamonds will be hosting a Pee Wee Baseball Tourney this weekend. The games will be held at Kinsmen Park.
- Dale Glassford will try to stay undefeated in feature races at South Buxton Raceway this season. Glassford has won the first four of the year and hopes to make it five as the Late Model Feature will be the Don Hendricks Memorial Race. The green flag drops at 6:30pm.
- Dresden Raceway will have special Father’s Day giveaways this Sunday afternoon. Post time is 1:30pm.
TAGS chatham-diamondsdale-glassforddresden racewayRich Correntesouth buxton racewayWallaceburg Thrasherswallaceburg-griffinswallaceburg-red-devils