Septembe 23: Local Sports Briefs
– The Essex 73’s nipped the Dresden Kings 3-1 in Great Lakes Jr C play last night. Derek Daly scored the one goal for the Kings who are in action again on Friday night when they host the Blenheim Blades.
The Wallaceburg Lakers will host the Lakeshore Canadiens tonight at Memorial Arena with a 7:30 puck drop.
– Clachan’s Travis Konecny set up the game winner for the Philadelphia Flyers as they skated past the New York Rangers 5-3 in NHL Exhibition play.
– HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
– The Pain Court Patriots won a thriller over the Ridgetown Royals 29-27 in Sr Girls “A” Basketball play. Morgan Desjardin led the Patriots with 12 points. Jr. call up Sophia Perpina scored 13 for the Royals.
– In other action LKCS beat St Francis –Xavier 39-13. Morgan Grant and Hannah Badder each scored seven for the Cards. Christian got 12 points from Adele Steel as they beat Tilbury 40-7 and North Lambton turned away Blenehim 31-14.
– Ridgetown beat Pain Court 41-24 in Jr. Girls “A” play as Sophia Perpina scored 15 for the Royals while Joelle Tetrault led all scored with 17 points for the Patriots. Grace Hansen scored 12 for Blenheim to lead the Bobcats past North Lambton 38-13.
– Port Lambton’s Brendan Seys successfully defended his LKDSSAA Boys Golf Title after firing a one over 72 at Mooretown. Seys golfs for the UCC Lancers. Grade nine student Hailey Katona of Tilbury fired a 75 to win the Girls Division.