Local Sports Briefs: November 16
- The Wallaceburg District Secondary School senior girls basketball team won a LKSSAA ‘AA’ basketball championship Saturday at home with a 42-40 win over the St. Clair Colts. Ashley LeBlanc led the way with 17 points. The Tartans will host Amherstburg in the SWOSSAA Double A Final Tuesday night at 7 pm with the winners advancing to OFSSAA.
- The Tartans also beat the McGregor Panthers 46-22 to take the Jr championship. Legacie Blackbird led the Tartans with 12 points and Megan McCarter had 11. Wallaceburg will visit Kingsville in the SWOSSAA final Wednesday.
- Several local members of the Defiance Running Club took part in the World’s Toughest Mudder in Vegas this weekend….Joe Parry was 88th overall in the 60 mile number 2 division. Other Wallaceburgers included Matt Richie and Dave McCaughrin,
- The Blenheim Blades doubled up Wheatley 8-4 last night
- It’s the Dresden Jr Kings facing the Wheatley Sharks tonight in Jr C Hockey action
- The London Nationals dumped the Chatham Maroons 7-2 in Jr B action
- Providence Bruins forward Seth Griffith of Wallaceburg missed both weekend games with a concussion, according to the Providence Journal.He was reportedly injured in a game Wednesday.
- Veteran slotback Andy Fantuz of Chatham is going to the CFL’s East Division final for the third consecutive year with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. The Tabby’s downed the Toronto Argonauts 22-25 and will face the Ottawa Red Blacks next week Calgary stomped the BC Lions 35-9 to advance to play the Edmonton Eskimos in the Western Final