New Pickleball Club Forming in Chatham-Kent
With overwhelming support at a public information meeting held May 9, a new pickleball group will be formed in Chatham-Kent in 2016.
There is an open general meeting for interested players and supporters to be held on Monday, May 16 at 7:00 pm at the St. Clair College HealthPlex Community room where the newly formed club will adopt a club charter and elect officers for the club.
The goals of Chatham-Kent’s pickleball club are
- To provide additional playing opportunities to play pickleball and introduce it to others in the municipality.
- Provide information on existing programs in Chatham-Kent and to reach all points in the community.
- Be an active part of the C-K Recreational Community for Active Lifestyles to continue to grow the sport.
- Provide a safe, fun environment to play pickleball.
- Provide learning and competitive opportunities for new and current players, Organize and support year round programs for the “indoor and outdoor” seasons.
There is drop in Pickleball available at the Thames Campus HealthPlex on Sunday, May 15 from 1:00 – 3:00 pm and on Monday, May 16 from 8:00 – 9:00 PM.
Cost for each session for non HealthPlex members is $5.00 or free for members of the HealthPlex.
Contact Jay Salisbury at email@example.com or 519-350-5507 for more information.