Local Sports Briefs: July 6, 2015
- Wallaceburg’s Madison Broad was golden once again on the weekend. Broad earned four gold medals at the Swim Ontario Long Course Championships. She set personal best times in the 50m Freestyle and 100m Butterfly. Broad swims for the Chatham Y Pool Sharks and has already qualified for the Nationals.
- Brendan Van Herk of Blenheim brought home a silver and a bronze, he swims for the Blenheim Blast.
- The Owen Sound North Stars beat the Wallaceburg Thrashers 11-2. Chad Murphy and Brock Daughtery scored for the Thrashers in the loss. Wallaceburg is 1-13 and will miss the post season.
- The Kent Havoc beat the Norfolk Harvesters 33-26 in weekend Niagara Union Rugby play. The Havoc are now 4-3 on the year.
- Nick Steward drove five winners for the second Sunday in a row at Dresden Raceway yesterday in front of over 800 people. The handle was $19,803.
- South Buxton Raceway saw 14-year-old Jake Hooker following in his father Kirk Hooker’s tire tracks. Hooker won his second Sport Stock Feature of the season.
- Dale Glassford is still undefeated in the Late Model class as he won his sixth straight Late Model Feature Race.
- Joel Dick won his fifth straight Modified Feature while Shawn Jones won the Mini-Mod Feature and Jamie Beaulieu won the Bomber Feature.
TAGS Brendan-Van-Herkdale-glassforddresden racewayJake Hookerjoel-dickkent havocMadison BroadNick StewardOwen Sound North Starssouth buxton raceway