Oct 1: Local Sports Briefs
– The Alvinston Flyers rolled in to Wallaceburg and handed the Lakers a 5-1 loss last night to keep the Lakers winless. Brendan Ritchie scored Wallaceburg’s lone goal. The Blenheim Blades beat Lakeshore 5-4 in Overtime as Drew Marlatt netted the game winner.
– Rookie Nolan Gardiner of Tilbury scored for the LaSalle Vipers in his GOJHL debut but the London Nationals spoiled the party with a 3-2 win over the Vipers.
– Laura Martin of Chatham brought home a bronze medal from the OCAA Gold Championships. Martin shot a final round 86 and finished up at 39 over par. Andrew Reaume of Wallaceburg shot a final round 82 on the men’s side of the tournament and finished tied for 22nd at 19 over par.
– In Sr. Boys Volleyball play the Blenheim Bobcats swept the “A” tourney with a 6-0 record. Tilbury was 2-4 while Chatham Christian and North Lambton were both 1-5. LKCS, ESPC and STFX all had byes. In Sr. “AA” play JMSS ended the day with a 4-2 record while ST Clair ended up 3-3 with Wallaceburg finishing with a 2-4 record.
– In Jr. Boys Volleyball “A” play, the Lambton-Kent Cardinals went undefeated to a perfect 6-0 record. RDHS and NLSS were 3-3 while Blenheim finished with a record of 0-6. In “AA” Jr. Boys play St. Clair went 6-0 to take top spot while the rest of teams were McGregor at 4-2, Wallaceburg at 2-6 and LCCVI with a record of 0-6.