October 9: Local Sports Briefs
– The Dresden Kings will be looking to use home ice to pick up their first win in seven tries in the Great Lakes Junior C Hockey league as they take on the Wheatley sharks at the Lambton-Kent Memorial arena. Game time is slated for 7:30pm. Lakeshore will be home to Alvinston.
– Wallaceburg’s Alec DeKonning picked up a goal for the Sarnia Legionaires last night as they nipped Strathroy 4-3 in OT in the Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League. Leamington beat Lambton shores 4-3.
– Some local OHL players will be within driving distance tonight in OHL play as Thamesville’s Trent Fox will be with his Hamilton Bulldogs as they visit the Sarnia Sting while Wallaceburg’s Brady Pataki and his Sudbury Wolves are in London against the Knights. Chatham’s Joseph Raaymakers and his Soo Greyhounds are home to the Saginaw Spirit.
– The St Clair Colts beat the Wallaceburg Tartans 23-18 in Eight-Man Football play yesterday while John McGregor toppled Blenheim 28-13.
– Ally Sanderson was the hero for the Lambton-Kent Cardinals as she nailed a three pointer at the buzzer to lift the Cards past the ESPC Patriotes 41-39 in “A” Sr. Girls Basketball play. Ridgetown beat Christian thanks to nine points from Adrianna Long while Blenheim was led by seven points from Dez Cloutier as they bounced STFX 31-7.
– Lambton-Kent won the Jr. Girls “A” match-up over Pain Court by means of forfeit while North Lambton beat Tilbury 18-6.
-Sarnia Northern handed the Wallaceburg Tartans their first loss of the season 43-28 on the “AA-AAAA” Sr. Girl’s Schedule while JMSS beat LCCVI 44-34.
– Wallaceburg’s Joe Perry is hoping to make some history this weekend as he will be competing in a Tough Mudder race in Missouri. Perry is looking to be one of only two people who have completed 100 laps of a Tough Mudder Race.