Ownership Change For Lakers

The Wallaceburg Lakers are back under local ownership.

Interim president Skip Harvey says he has high hopes for the team, which has always enjoyed great support from the community.

“Hopefully we can put a winning team on the ice, we have a very young new head coach  in Rick Vancoillie rich Kanally is a pretty good hockey man,” says Harvey.  “I feel if we have a mix of new and old we can put a winning team on the ice. It might take a year or two but hopefully we can establish a winning attitude again.”

The new ownership group consists of President Jim McCrae and five investors, who have a 55% stake in the team, while the other 45% has been handed back to the former Lakers Executive.

Share This


Wordpress (0)