Chatham Competitors Medal At Toronto Open
Armstrong Academy of Martial Arts students competed at the IBJJF (International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation) Toronto International Open, one of Canada’s most prestigious Brazilian Jiu Jitsu events that took place at the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre on September 21.
The team went up with 6 competitors and raked in a total of 12 medals – 5 Gold, 5 Silver and 2 Bronze.
The following are their results in their respective age and weight divisions:
- Joe Thomas – Gold BJJ – Gold No-Gi – Silver No-Gi Absolute (no weight) Brown Belt
- Chadd Murphy – Silver BJJ – Bronze No-Gi Purple Belt
- Adam Kaufman – Bronze BJJ – Silver BJJ Absolute – Gold No-Gi – Gold No-Gi Absolute Blue Belt
- Pat Whalen – Gold BJJ – Silver Absolute Blue Belt
- Elliot Blackshaw – Silver BJJ White Belt
- Professor Thomas Armstrong also competed lost first match by 3 points in Black Belt.
Next upcoming events for the team are OJA London Open October 5 and IBJJF New York Open November 16.