A Self Isolation Movie List: 5 Sports Movies You Can Stream
Have 14 days to kill and missing sports?
Here are 5 movies you can stream today:
1. Coach Carter (Netflix) – Rated 7.3 on IMDB and 64% on Rotten Tomatoes, this real life story of Coach Ken Carter, who tries to teach his team there is more to life than basketball. Controversy follows him, and his team, and school must respond. Starring Samuel L. Jackson.
2. Moneyball (Netflix) – Rated 7.6 on IMDB and 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, this based on a true story movie stars Brad Pitt as the general manager of the Oakland As, and Jonah Hill as his new assistant. They go against the system of baseball, and build a winning team bucking traditional scouting wisdom in favour of analytics.
3. The Blind Side (Netflix) – Rated 7.6 on IMDB and 66% on Rotten Tomatoes, another true story about Michael Oher. Taken in by a caring family, different from anyone and anything he has known, Michael rises from the streets to an All-American, and future NFL first round pick. This heartwarming tale stars Sandra Bullock and Quinton Aaron.
4. Major League (Amazon Prime) – Rated 7.2 on IMDB and 83% on Rotten Tomatoes, Major League came out in 1989, before streaming meant anything to anyone. After the new owner of the MLB’s Cleveland Indians puts together a purposefully horrible team with the goal of soon moving the franchise. After this rag tag team finds out her plot, they start winning. A hilarious movie for a day stuck inside. If you love it, there is more in this series.
5. Bad News Bears (Amazon Prime) – A remake of the 1970’s classic, this 2005 version stars Billy Bob Thornton and rates 5.8 on IMDB and and 48% on Rotten Tomatoes. Let’s be honest, the original was good, the remake borders on awful, but beggars can’t be choosers during self isolation. If you love baseball or sports, it’s good enough for an afternoon inside.