Sports And Recreation Opportunities Returning This Spring
Due to the overwhelming success of CKRecreation’s return to in-person programming, a new roster of activities will be rolled out on April 19, 2021.
Programs in the second stage of the progressive reopening plan include:
- Learn to Play Soccer
- Learn to Play Baseball
- Stem Squad
- Play Rangers
- Red Cross Babysitting
- Crafty Creations (Inclusive Recreation program)
- DrumFIT (Inclusive Recreation program)
The CKRecreation team has been working closely with CK Public Health to reopen its programs, including the implementation of new protocols to ensure public health guidelines are followed. These protocols include physical distancing measures, gathering restrictions, hand hygiene and face coverings.
“We are very excited that there has been such a positive reaction to the return of our in-person programs,” said Ann Robinson, Manager of Recreation and Community Engagement. “It has become apparent to us that parents are looking for a safe place for their children to regain some form of social interaction and participate in physical activity and we are thrilled to be able to provide that to the families of Chatham-Kent.”
Registration for all programs will open April 1 and can be quickly and easily completed using our online registration system.
- Visit chatham-kent.ca/recreation or call 519-360-1998 for more information on dates, times, locations, prices and program descriptions.
- Due to cohort restrictions, spaces are limited so it is recommended to register early.
- Programming updates will be announced via Facebook (@CKRecreation) and Instagram (@ck_recreation).